.¤·º°´¯ Watching Over Me ¯`°º·¤.

☆ Spaniard ☆

My photo
I am Spaniard by birth . Raised between Spain and Italy. Currently residing in the USA. I love to connect with people of different cultures and paths of life. I speak, read and write six different languages. ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤ Lets see ... : dreamer, crazy, playful, wild, stubborn, romantic, adventurer, sweet, kind, funny, sensitive, tender, loving , proud, childish, cheerful, caring, joyful, sociable, passionate, in one word ..... "INCURABLE"!! I am a Daughter of the "KING of KINGS" I Been single by CHOICE, I rather be single than be lied, cheated & disrespected.

"ONGI ETORRI - 歓迎 - BIENVENIDOS - BENVENUTO - WELCOME"

If your God is a Jew,
Your pizza Italian,
Your watch Swiss,
Your car Japanese,
Your coffee Colombian,
Your numbers Arabic,
Your letters Latin,
How dear you call your neighbor an alien?

♫ Music - Videos ♫

❤ J ~ M ❤
WMYX 99.1 The Mix FM
"LOVE SONGS"
LIGHTS DOWN .......

Semana Santa - Holy Week (Spain)

The meaning of these costumes is very different in Spain than in the U.S.
In Andalucía, during Semana Santa, or the Holy Week before Easter, hundreds of faithful Penitents march in processions carrying ornate wooden floats depicting the Stations of the Cross, accompanied by somber music and singing.

In Seville and throughout Andalusia, and in certain other places in Europe and Latin America, Holy Week Celebrations include elaborate processions by members of penitential fraternities.
Members dress as Nazarenes wearing pointed hoods and robes, with distinct colors for each fraternity. Others dress as penitents, with short hoods and carrying crosses. In Many cases The Fraternity penitents are underneath carrying the heavy floats they give each other encouragement in loud voice to keep carrying the load as Jesus carry his cross.
Is truly very emotional.
***
*My personal favorite part is when in the route a penitent will stop the floats to give the carrying penitents a break and they sing a Saeta to Jesus or the Virgen. (That is truly such and emotional moment for me, can't help my tears roll down my cheeks every time)
Processional banners, large candlesticks, and beautiful platforms with carved statues of Our Lord, Our lady and the saints are carried through the streets.
***

* To note, the Ku Klux Klan borrowed its idea for uniforms from these penitential fraternities - ironic considering that noxious organization's virulent hatred for the Catholic Church.
***

History In the 1591 gaditano D. Antonio Zapata Cisneros the one that gave norms on the regime of administration of cofradias in questions of images and its cult.
The one was the Cardinal Archbishop of Seville Young D.Fernando of Guevara that in 1604 by decree I regulate the processions of disciplines avoiding public disorder and ordering that all the penances to make station with in the Cathedral which it says that it was in the Archbishopric when a period of organization of cofradias of penance in Cadiz was seen for the first time During several years with the prohibition of the penitents could take to mask and tunic to danger the greater week but with the passage of time this change and they became to use.
***
King Carlos III by decree of 20 of February of 1777, prohibit all type of public penance and mortification (the disciplines, impales etc...), also prohibit the nocturnal processions, organized as now they do it in the greater week. Until these times cofradias only depended on the obvious church being due to do regalias of Corona in the arrangement of cofradias.

There is also fasting during the Holy week
People around the country do fasting we eat Fish , vegetables , Potatoes , and different beans , salad & fruit dishes.

I become a Christian in 1995
But I do still observe the fasting traditions to this day.
I was raised Roman Catholic and my mother once asked me why I become A Christian , I had many deep conversations with her about my choices and why I renounced the Catholic religion, I don't judge it , neither I condem it , I Just fallowed my call.

this is what being a Christian means to me:

When I say... "I am a Christian"
I'm not shouting "I'm clean living'."
I'm whispering "I was lost,
Now I'm found and forgiven."
When I say... "I am a Christian"
I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble
and need Christ to be my guide.
When I say... "I am a Christian"
I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak
And need His strength to carry on.
When I say... "I am a Christian"
I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed
And need God to clean my mess.
When I say... "I am a Christian"
I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible
But, God believes I am worth it.
When I say... "I am a Christian"
I still feel the sting of pain.
I have my share of heartaches
So I call upon His name.
When I say... "I am a Christian"
I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner
Who received God's good grace, somehow.



No comments:

● THE OCEAN ●